It would seem that the Verkhovna Rada should be the standard of compliance with the laws of Ukraine and the Constitution. Moreover, freedom of speech, thought and, as a consequence, the fourth power – the media-should be supported and protected here. But the Procedural Committee of Parliament thinks otherwise. Following the proposed “ghetto” for journalists on the third floor of the building of the Verkhovna Rada, the next step was the ban on shooting deputies.
According to the acting Head of the Committee on the Rules and organization of work of BP Pavel Pinzenik, the creation of a separate location for the media in the Verkhovna Rada, planned on the third floor, will avoid conflicts between journalists and deputies. At the same time in a lobby where there will be deputies, correspondents won’t let.
- It as in kindergarten resolve conflicts: you go to that corner, and you – to that. Will not interfere journalists and MPs will not conflict – emphasizes Pynzenik.
The acting head of the Committee on Rules and organization of the Verkhovna Rada Pavel Pynzenyk
There will be no control on the part of the media, there will be no removal of “litter from the hut” and there will be no informed society about what is happening on the sidelines of the Rada, because correspondents will simply not be allowed there. This idea is clearly read between the lines of the decision taken by the standing Committee.
However, the Chairman of Committee of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine on issues of freedom of speech and information policy Victoria syumar says that journalists will still be allowed in the corridors, despite the machinations of the regulatory Committee.
- The maximum work of those journalists who work here should be provided. They should be given all the possibilities: access to the lobby, creating conditions for the normal transmission of information in the press center, high-speed Internet, recording Studio, as in the European Parliament, where you can make the inclusion. We just wanted to fix it by the press center, and not to create some ghetto for journalists. There will be no ghetto for journalists in this Parliament. Is open, the normal space to work, – said the MP Victoria syumar.
Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on freedom of speech and information policy Victoria syumar
But the Committee of regulations of the Verkhovna Rada does not stop there, Pavel Penzenik proposes to ban journalists from filming deputies on the sidelines, if they are against. And if members of the media still will disobey and will continue to perform their direct duties, received audio/video will be removed!
- It is allowed to shoot a person without his consent in public places until the person who is removed, will not Express an objection. In this case, the shooting should be stopped, and the recording moments – removed, – said in the proposed regulatory Committee document.
The seizure of journalist’s materials is a violation of the criminal code of Ukraine. After all, according to St. 171 the criminal code of Ukraine provides for criminal liability in the form of restriction of freedom for a period of 5 years for obstruction of legitimate professional activities of journalists (including the right to use equipment).
– Should not go beyond the constitutional principles, according to which it is not allowed to collect and distribute confidential information about a person without his consent, except in cases provided by law, – stated in the document of the regulatory Committee.
Here only here that fact that the people’s Deputy is a public figure which range of duties is much wider, than the ordinary citizen isn’t considered. And, the building of lie-whether it be a lobby or a meeting room – a workplace of the servant of the people. And, therefore, he must always be ready for photo/video/audio recording from the media.
- In article 3,4,6 of the Declaration on freedom of political discussion in mass media (approved on 12.02.2004) – The Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe) States that as politicians and officials occupying a public office or exercise public authority at local, regional, national or international level, decided to appeal to the confidence of the public and agreed to “expose” themselves in public political discussion, they are subject to thorough public scrutiny and potentially can experience sharp and strong public criticism in the media about how they performed or perform their functions, writes in the social. first Deputy head of the Committee on freedom of speech and information policy in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Olga Chervakova.
First Deputy head Of the Committee on freedom of speech and information policy in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Olga Chervakova
It is amazing, as long as European media sources are actively supported and developed, Ukraine is stifling the already oppressed freedom of speech. And, after all, international experience shows that control by local and national media and journalistic investigations contribute to the development of democracy and transparency of the authorities. And, at this time the Ukrainian high ranks do everything to deprive society of the main lever of supervision in the form of the fourth power? Everyone can not remain indifferent, expressing his point of view, not allowing violations of the rights and freedoms of Ukrainians!